Tuesday, October 22, 2013

...one more thing

Shortly after I wrote my latest blog Sunday about being inducted into the Davidson County Sports Hall of Fame, I received an email from my friend and colleague, Chad Killebrew, that included a video attachment of me making my acceptance speech.

See my speech here.

My sincere thanks to Chad. I never once in my life expected to be found on YouTube.

I'm posting this video here for two reasons: some of my friends and family who could not attend the induction ceremony (I have one brother in Iowa and another in Alaska) would like to see it; and the Internet is a great place for me to archive stuff.

A couple of days have passed by since the induction. I try not to think about it too much, but I'm still receiving many congrats from friends and co-workers, all of which are much appreciated and yet remains astounding to me.

Basically, I feel like all I did was try to do my job the best that I could for 30 years. So I am humbled and grateful for this honor.

Thank you all very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment